Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Savor It!

When I think about it my heart starts to beat faster, my palms start to sweat, I breath quicker breaths and my throat tightens. I think it is a mini panic attack. I can't help it! As positive as I try to be I just don't see anything good with what is coming. Just the thought of winter makes me want to curl into a ball and dream it all away. Can you blame me? I mean, do you want to spend the next 5 months cooped up in the house with five 2 1/2 year old kids? I sure don't!
So, I am doing my very best to see something positive. Right now we are going to savor every moment of nice weather. We will admire God's awesomeness in the trees. We will jump and play in the leaves, dig in the dirt, and ride our toys in the driveway. I love it when the leaves show their true colors. So, I am savoring everything I can. Storing it away in my mind and heart and praying it will be enough to get me through this winter.
In an attempt to enjoy the last days of feeling the sun's warmth shining down on us, we went to the park. I am trying to remember everything they are doing so I can be blown away by how much they change over this winter. They next time we go to this park they will be 3 years old and into a new phase of life. As much as I look forward to their growing, I want to bottle this up and never forget how special they all are.

No comments:

Background