Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, February 15, 2010

Happy 3rd Birthday!

Boy! What a crazy week! We started off on the 13th with a thrown together party. I couldn't decide if we should have a party with all our friends and family or not this year. We had a party today and so I just wasn't sure what I wanted to do. The excitement of their birthday got the better of me and I couldn't help myself. So, at 10:00 that morning I started making calls to people. We didn't want any gifts, just cake and ice cream and some fun. I got the decorations up and bought the cake. By the way, cakes are outrageous! $24 for a medium sized cake. I couldn't believe it. Rob thought it wasn't enough cake and I was certain it would be plenty. After all, the party was such short notice I didn't expect too many to show.

Boy did I underestimate that! The house was PACKED! Everyone came and brought gifts. I couldn't believe it. The kids ate it up, they loved getting to blow out candles and opening all their gifts. The decorations were great and the party was a hit. Except for the fact that I needed about double the cake that I had gotten. Sorry to anyone who didn't get any! Thanks to everyone who came and celebrated with us. It was great!

On their actual birthday I didn't have anything special planned. But when they got up I went in their rooms and told them Happy Birthday. Ethan leaped out of bed and ran into the living room like he was expecting a huge gift waiting for him in the living room. I think he remembered Christmas and thought for sure this was going to be even better than that! Poor guy, there wasn't anything waiting for him. But, the day was packed full of special little things. They had a great day and were looking forward to the big party on Saturday.

No comments:

Background