Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, September 7, 2009

Busy, Busy, Busy

That pretty much sums up our lives lately. We have been feeling our time with family and friends. Lots of learning and growing. Their talking has changed immensely. The kids are talking in full sentences and learning their colors and numbers. It is so fun to watch them play together and watch their minds work. One day we got home and got every one's shoes off. We were picking them all up to put them in the closet. We couldn't find Syd's. When we put everyone else's away we found hers. She took them off and carried them to the closed and opened the door and put them in. She does that every time now. She is so smart and figures things like that out all the time. She is mommy's little helper. She has kind of figured out how to fold washcloths. She also loves to carry her babies around and feed them their bottles and give them baths.

We've been cracking down on the kids about telling us "No." We decided to get rid of warnings. If the kids tell us "No" we immediately put them in time-out. It is amazing the change we have seen in them. They have done much better at listening to us. The boys are the kids who are bad about it. Especially Ethan and Landon. Peyton is bad too, but he picked up on the punishment faster than the others.

Rob is back in school. Another semester of 2nd shift and classes. I hate 2nd shift and the stress that comes with going to school at the same time. He is doing it for us though and I support him completely. I am so ready for him to be done. Until then, we are getting by.

4 comments:

Deb said...

Great Job Em and Rob. It has truly been amazing watching these little babies turn into toddlers. I am amazed daily with the things they learn between my visits. And their memories wow!!!

Thanks for letting me be part of their lives. I'm pretty sure I will be a very good grandmother one of these days.

Jeremy, Kali, Crystal, Mason, & Clay said...

They are getting soooo big!!! Putting your foot down on the whole "no" thing is good...we went through that w/Crystal (I think every parent does) and she learned really quick too.

Katiearnold12 said...

Hi Emily and Rob and kids! This is Katie Arnold...Chandra told me about your website and I have been enjoying all of your stories and pictures! This is a great scrapbook for you and kudos to you for keeping up with it while being a busy mom and wife! I am in the process of IVF, my mom is going to be a surrogate for chris and I and I was wondering if you had any tips for success since you were VERY successful? Email me when you get a chance katiearnold12@hotmail.com.

PhotoChick said...

Emily,
Hi there! My Aunt told me about your blog and I'm so glad to see your kids again - it's been SO long since I've seen them in person... Thankfully I'm getting back into blogs, so I'm super excited to be able to keep up with you all a little better. And of course I'll continue to keep you all in my prayers. Take care and God Bless!
Love, Amanda

Background