Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Toddlers...

A year ago I was begging for my kids to hurry up and start doing something. Today I am officially the mom of five toddlers. My babies will always be my babies. I don't know that I will ever quit calling them that. But the truth is that they are growing up. Every day my babies take one step closer to being "big." Today was their 18 month doctor appointment. I took them one by one into the room to be checked out. It is amazing to think of how far they have come. Every one of them has reached their milestones. They are perfect in every way. I am so blessed. Here are the updated weights.
Ethan
weight - 25lbs 8oz
height - 31"
Peyton
weight - 20lbs
height - 30"
Landon
weight - 18lbs 9oz
height - 28 1/4"
Jenna
weight - 17lbs 10oz
height - 29 3/4"
Sydney
weight - 20lbs 7oz
height - 30 1/4"

After 2 hours in the doc. office and a shot in each leg, we headed over to Dr. Turnquest's office. She wasn't in today, but we got to see everyone else. After we left her office we went to Labor and Delivery and finished our trip at the NICU. It is so fun to see the people who were responsible for our successful delivery.
September 15 is a very special day for Rob and I. That day in 2006 was the day we found out we were having quints. A month or so ago I started writing my story. I don't ever want to forget it. It is 6 pages so far. I am going to start posting it on the 15th. It will take a while to get through. i don't want to overwhelm people, so I will post it a little at a time. I'm not done yet, and I may just keep going with it. One warning, this story it the complete truth. It isn't all happy. It has proven to be a challenge to write.

Oh yeah, everyone did a good job guessing the kids. The correct order is: A-Sydney, B-Ethan, C-Jenna, D-Landon, and E-Peyton.

3 comments:

Tanya Siekman said...

Em,

I think they are just perfect and oh so cute!

About your story, you will never be sorry that you wrote your experience and story. Someday your kids will love it that have your thoughts down on paper, and I'm sure they will cherish it.

We all have a story to tell, and yours has a fairy-tale ending ... five perfect little people that you're doing such a good job raising.

... and since I've had the chance to have a sneak peek at your story ... I don't think you should change a thing!

Tanya

Anonymous said...

Em,

I can't believe how much they have grown and changed. They are so cute! I am going to get over there soon to see you all. I think
Ashley wants to come too she still talks about the day she came with me and saw the babies for her first time.

I'm looking forward to reading your story.

Give all the kids hugs and kisses from me.

You and Rob have done a wonderful job!

Kaye

Anonymous said...

Emily,
I came across your blog today from the Chan Quintuplets. I am amazed by your hard work and perseverance to love on your sweet children and husband. Keep it up Momma, you're doing great. I was also shocked when you mentioned E-ville. I grew up in Newburgh and am now getting ready to leave Germany (we've been here three years) and move to Atlanta. I went to Castle and graduated in 2000. Maybe we know each other? Again, you are doing an awesome job!

Background