Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, July 25, 2008

The Dreaded Vomiting & Diarrhea


Yes, our house is on lock down. No one is coming in and no one is going out. I have never changed more diapers in my life. It began Tuesday morning. Sydney puked in the night and had it everywhere. I had to put her in the tub immediately. She has had the diarrhea since Tuesday. Yesterday I went to get the boys out of bed and found that Landon had puked some time during the night. It was awful!! The poor boy had it everywhere. He had to go straight to the tub. This was just the beginning to an awful day. At one point I had Landon on the floor changing another diarrhea diaper. I had his diaper on my right, his clothes on my left, and he was covered in poop. Peyton was about three feet away from me when he vomited. It flew about 4 feet. Luckily it landed on a blow up thing that I could move. So I was yelling at the kids to stop and not touch the puke all the while trying to get Landon cleaned up. It is funny to think about now, but it was stressful. The only thing worse than having 5 sick kids is having 6 sick kids. Low and behold my sixth kid came home from work at about 1:00 sick. So, I was doing continuous laundry, running crackers and sprite in to Rob and changing poop continuously. By the end of the day I was ready to run far far away. Unfortunately I only made it about 2 blocks away to the Marathon Station to fill up the van. This morning I woke up to Peyton's turn in the bath tub. Yep, still continuous diarrhea and laundry. Hopefully things will look up soon. Until further notice, you don't want to come around us. I haven't gotten it yet, hopefully I won't get it.

5 comments:

Natalie Jost said...

Wow. I was thinking about you all week, trying to figure out a time we could come up there, but it sounds like it worked out for the best that we didn't! Still, how awesome it is that through all of that, God blessed you with great health and TREMENDOUS strength to care for all of the sickly ones around you.

I can't imagine that would be much help to you in the moment, but who am I to think something and not just go ahead and say it? :)

Anonymous said...

Oh Emily, I feel for you. I have had those days and they are hard to endure. I pray that you will not end up sick as well. These moments are the times that those best mom awards are given and you deserve one. Hope all gets better soon for all of you. Take Care!

Anonymous said...

Aww...poor kiddos! I'm praying for you all...I'll be home again soon-but apparently not soon enough! I wish I were there to help! I love you guys!

Kate

Tanya Siekman said...

Emily, Sorry I was walking out the door and you got only to the gas station instead of driving to my house. Hope it ends soon for them and you. Poor little kiddo's.

Here's praying that you do not get it! Talk to you later.

Tanya

Anonymous said...

I hope the diarrhea and vomiting has stopped and everyone is now just busy getting their strength back. Hope you don't get it as well. If you need me to run to the store or wherever when everyone is sick like that and you can't get out and need something PLEASE LET ME KNOW or if you need help taking care of them let me know that as well too. I bet you are exhausted caring for everyone. God bless you for all that you went through.

Love Donna S.

Background