Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, April 18, 2011

Finally!!

T-ball practice started 3 weeks ago. We had our first practice and the last 3 have been canceled due to rain. Thankfully God held back the rain until minutes after practice finished tonight. I was more excited than they were I think.

Jenna decided in the van that she didn't want to play today. That was it. Anyone who knows Jenna personally knows that Jenna is VERY hard headed. So, I tried to play it cool. I didn't push it. I knew if I argued with her she would definitely not do it. We made it to the field and everyone ran out to the coaches. Jenna, however, had other plans. She stood in one spot with her head down in complete pout mode. I left her there by the field and went to sit down. I was secretly wishing for her to pick up her head and joyfully skip onto the field. Knowing that she wasn't going to do that, I would have settled for a grouchy trudge onto the field. After about 10 minutes, she did just that.


Syd hit the ball and ran to get it. When Ethan picked the ball up she proceeded to pull her hat down and scream at the top of her lungs. She was FURIOUS!!!
Notice the ball is behind her! That happened A LOT!!
She wanted nothing to do with practice. She didn't listen, she didn't follow directions, and eventually she had Ethan wanting to quit. I tried to sit back and let the coaches guide, but it wasn't going great. So, I walked to the dugout and talked to them both. Ethan willingly went back out to the field and happily finished practice. Jenna, on the other hand, still wandered around the field and refused to participate. I was so annoyed! Jenna pushes it with any new authority figure. She tries to push it as far as she can. The coaches don't want to tell her what to do. So, she didn't do anything she was supposed to. Ugh! I'm gonna just sit back and try to enjoy it. Even if she never pays a bit of attention.
Ethan wanted that ball. He's getting ready to yell at Syd.

No comments:

Background