Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, August 28, 2009

I Just Couldn't Help Myself!

So, today I decided to take matters into my own hands. After all, I am their mother. I mean, we didn't have an appointment made and who knows when we could have gotten in. I couldn't stand it any longer. How hard could it be? Don't we all do it? In case you haven't figured it out, I am talking about haircuts. Yes, I did it.

I drove to my moms house and stole her clippers. I just couldn't stand the boy's hair any longer. Everything started out great. Landon sat perfectly still and let me buzz away. I used the scissors on the top and he looked fine. He doesn't have much hair anyway, so it probably couldn't have gotten too messed up anyway. Then it was Peyton's turn. Poor boy, he didn't stand a chance. His hair is really fine and straight. We keep it longer on top because it can lay weird if it is too short. So, I didn't think about the fact that a #2 guard on his hair was too short for longer hair on top. By the time I was done trying to make it look okay I had to buzz it all off. Luckily I didn't get too crazy. I got it pretty even with a #8 guard on top. It isn't blended very well, but I think I salvaged what was left pretty well. I called Rachel to fix it tonight. So, at least when it grows out it won't look too bad.

Do you think I learned my lesson with Peyton? No way. Ethan needed the cut more than the other two. So, I went up to a #3 guard on him and started in. His cut went pretty well. It isn't even by any means, but with gel, you can't even tell. I am just going to wait and see. I keep telling myself that every mom does this once. Oh well, I am swallowing my pride and doing this post for the kids sake. They deserve to know what their mom put them through as little kids. The pictures don't look that bad. But, I promise Peyton's is uneven. It will need some work.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Peytie's hair didn't look too bad. A little longer on the crown, but you did a great job. Jarrett can't sit still during a haircut, and he's almost 6! All three of them looked just as handsome as they did before Mommy got her hands on grandma's clippers!!!!!

Tanya Siekman said...

You are hiliarious! I laughed for about an hour after you called me yesterday to tell me what you did!

Yes, I did it too ... and oh boy, did I do it good! I learned my lesson about 25 years ago, that I am not a beautician ... and I won't be practicing on the triplets!

Love the post and the kids will love it too when they grow up!

Background